What's Your Bag, Baby?

OK, so only about 710 days left until we leave for Portugal... have you picked out your backpack yet?

Unlike some of my friends, I have never been hiking, nor back-packed my way across Europe in my 20's.  I own backpacks that are more fashion statements than holders of my needed possessions for a one month long walk.  So, I've been doing a lot of research.

Most of the blogs and postings I've read stress weight and carrying the least amount.  What might feel good on day 1 won't feel so good on day 7 or 14 or 21.  You need to make sure it's well fitted and try to avoid any that are going to cause rub spots on your shoulders and hips.

I've read that you need to weigh it down in the store to see where the problem spots are going to be.  Walk around with it.  Pull and adjust the straps.  It's going to be your closest friend along the Camino.

Advice also says that while training for your Camino, you should wear your backpack to get used to the feel.  And, like all good equipment, go for the best quality you can afford.  You don't want it falling apart during your Camino.  Of course, that's for those of us who won't be using baggage services along the Via.  Not judging, just saying.

Share your choice in bags as you start to prepare for our Way of the Camino de Santiago.

Comments

Popular Posts